Hynosis comes from the greek word “hypnos”. Hypnosis is a process that has been recognized and utilized all the way through out history, by great minds such as Dr. Sigmund Freud. He agreed, that while psychotherapy can help to identify our problems, hypnotherapy assists us in solving them. Many people to do not realize that our subconscious controls approximately 88% of our thinking, leaving our logical mind controlling only 12%. Therefore most of our actions are based out of the subconscious mind. Our subconscious is developed primarily before the age of eight years old.
For example, as a young child you were given a sweet treat for good behavior, or to make you feel better, this registers in our subconscious mind, which later in our adults lives cause us to reach for something sweet when we are down, or wish to reward ourselves. As an adult, our logical mind tells us that sweets are not good for you, and they may even cause you to gain weight. This leaves the logical mind (12%) in a tug of war with the subconscious mind (88%). Naturally, the subconscious mind usually wins despite all the logic we throw at it.
The process of hypnosis makes it possible to relax the logical mind and gain access to the subconscious, thereby enabling the possibility to re-write the blue print, so to speak, and change a positive to a negative. Or a negative to a positive, such as in cases involving the fear of flying, public speaking, or personal confidence to name a few.
Laura Rhodes became a certified hypnotist at H.M.I., a non-profit and nationally accredited hypnosis training college in Southern California. Their 40 year reputation goes unparalleled to this day.
If you have “habits” and/or patterns that seem hard to break. There are solutions that are available through hypnotherapy. Please call for an appointment at The Missing Peace today.